Sunday, August 21, 2011

Turkey 2008 and 2009

Here are few happy moments during my visit to Turkey last 2008 and 2009.
Not everyone is given the opportunity to travel these beautiful places and every time I will have a reminiscing 'moment', I always, always think of my Turkey days - issues, stress, BUT a lot of learning experiences, and I must say, I love the people, places and most esp MANGO outlet shops! ;-)

It was winter!!!

Blue Mosque - this is the Sultan Ahmed Mosque but popularly known as the Blue Mosque because of its colored blue tiles on its top interiors

Roman Catholic Church at Taksim - where you can meet Filipinos in Istanbul and you'll be amazed by the number! :)

Dolmabache Palace - this one's my favorite! Indeed the one of the most prestigious and enchanting palaces in the world! A must see when you're in Turkey!

Hagia Sophia - this is what they call the place where the East meets the West. A combination of Byzantine and Ottoman influence for its architecture.

Turkey's Grand Bazaar - one of the oldest covered markets in the world known for best spices, jewelries, carpets, souvenir items, etc. Well, think of it as greenhills and divisoria - that's what my first impression because of the bargains and style of sales 'gentlemen'. I noticed they have different range of prices depending on your nationality and they can tell if you're a Filipino! :)

Taksim Square - the heart of Turkey, where protests and rallies happen so you can see all over the place Polisya to control civilians

Topkapi Palace - official residence of Ottoman Sultans in Istanbul Turkey where they lived approx 400 years

Last but definitely not the least, this Mango outlet shop, newly opened during my stay!
It was a 3-floor heaven!


Love,
MV

No comments:

Post a Comment